uclibc and glibc

saravanan chanemouganandam saravanan_sprt at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 10 13:51:22 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I am having a problem on the Intel IXP425 big endian system running Snapgear linux (choosen uClibc) distro version.  On the development x86 machine,  I have installed
(/usr/local/arm-linux) arm-linux tool chain arm-linux-tools-20061213.tar.gz  for cross compilation.

All packages under the snapgear soruce tree ( snapgear/user) compiles well. But, when I try to compilethe package outside the snapgear source tree using make CC=/arm-linux-gcc CFLAGS+=-mbig-endian it
throws lots of errors.

A simple hello world program on the boards throws
# ./hello.olibc.so.6: aborted attempt to load ./hello.o!

I think it is built against glibc and not uclibc. Can somebody point me how to cross compile a simple program for a Big endian system ?

ThanksSara