RFC: multilib support for uClibc

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Jan 24 01:42:35 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 22 January 2008 06:37:35 Bernd Schmidt wrote:
> For the Blackfin, we need to compile several versions of uClibc and
> install them in such a way that the cross compilers will find them.  To
> do this, we've come up with the following patch (combined from multiple
> contributions by Jie Zhang, Mike Frysinger and myself).
>
> Essentially, this adds two additional path components to the install
> directories, $(SUFFIX) and $(MULTILIB), which correspond to gcc's
> "sysroot suffix" and multilib directory.
>
> For historical reasons, this patch adds MULTILIB as a uClibc config
> option, and leaves SUFFIX to be passed as an argument to make.  I can
> either keep this or make both/neither config options.
>
> Any coments on this patch?  Objections?  Would anyone mind testing this
> on a system other than bfin?

*shrug*  I build multiple cross compilers, each of which has a wrapper script
that feeds it -nostdinc and -nostdlib and then builds up its own paths.  (I
gave up on trying to make the gcc path logic do anything useful years ago.)

So as long as it doesn't _interfere_ with me manually specifying where to
install the darn things, I don't particularly care.  (If it does, I'll skip
the install script and cp the darn suckers myself.)

This has no impact on the actual binaries, right?

Rob
  - Ken Thompson.