RFC: multilib support for uClibc

Daniel Jacobowitz drow at false.org
Tue Jan 22 23:14:38 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 12:07:05AM +0100, Bernd Schmidt wrote:
> Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > We don't have any lib/$(MULTILIB) directories; it was much simpler to
> > put each into its own sysroot and it works nicely at runtime too.
>
> Okay.. what kind of multilibs do you have, and what's your directory
> structure?

All kinds, but organized with a flat SYSROOT_SUFFIX hierarchy inside
the uclibc set.  For instance:

  libc/usr
  libc/softfp/usr
  libc/uclibc/usr
  libc/uclibc/softfp/usr

Then there's another few which are siblings to softfp.

It doesn't have to be flat, either, as long as you use SYSROOT_SUFFIX
to locate things.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery