Has anybody gotten m68k to build in 0.9.29?

David Daney ddaney at avtrex.com
Mon Feb 4 17:14:02 UTC 2008

Rob Landley wrote:
> My attempts at building uClibc-0.9.29 for m68k keep triggering internal
> compiler errors.
>

>>   CC libc/inet/inet_aton.os
>>   CC libc/inet/inet_addr.os
>>   CC libc/inet/inet_ntoa.os
>> libc/inet/addr.c: In function 'inet_ntoa_r':
>> libc/inet/addr.c:145: internal compiler error: in output_move_qimode, at
>> config/m68k/m68k.c:1899 Please submit a full bug report,
>> with preprocessed source if appropriate.
>> See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
>> make[1]: *** [libc/inet/inet_ntoa.os] Error 1
>> make: *** [lib/libc.so.0] Error 2
>>

> I tried upgrading from gcc 4.1.2 to 4.2.2, and it made no difference.

Searching the GCC's bugzilla for 68k internal compiler errors yields
nothing for output_move_qimode.

Please open a new bug report at the indicated URL.

You could also try with the current SVN trunk, as it is very close to
being released as GCC 4.3.  It could be that it works there.

Thanks,
David Daney