n32 ABI problem when building a mipsel n32 cross compile uclibc toolchain

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Dec 13 23:45:27 UTC 2008

On Friday 12 December 2008 04:39:03 Peter Korsgaard wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Bernhard> And second, AFAIK the buildroot from svn aparently only
>  Bernhard> works for some i386 and a few arm variants. My tree
>  Bernhard> (http://repo.or.cz/w/buildroot.git) was tested to compile
>  Bernhard> fine on a wider set of arches, fwiw.
>
> Not true. I'm using it regularly for ppc and have used it for mips as
> well (~6months ago).

Buildroot doesn't have releases, so a random svn snapshot you grab may be
broken on any arbitrary architecture, or all of 'em.  Wait 24 hours and do an
"svn update" and you should have a fresh shiny set of _new_ random bugs to
play with.

Nobody agrees what buildroot supports because it doesn't have releases, so
nobody's ever guaranteed to be using quite using the same version as anyone
else.

>  Bernhard> So, as said, please direct your buildroot questions to the
> buildroot list.
>
> Exactly.

Thirded.

Rob