n32 ABI problem when building a mipsel n32 cross compile uclibc toolchain

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at sunsite.dk
Fri Dec 12 11:50:41 UTC 2008

 >> Not true. I'm using it regularly for ppc and have used it for mips as
 >> well (~6months ago).

 Bernhard> That's interresting since you would have tripped issues
 Bernhard> with building kernel modules on pcc then and i do not see
 Bernhard> any patches in svn that fix this issue.

Sorry, I don't use the kernel support in buildroot (I have my own
kernel tree with hardware specific patches).

 Bernhard> As for mips (and arm, bfin, cris, ppc, sh, xtensa), where
 Bernhard> are the patches to make sure that one is able to install
 Bernhard> kernel headers under all circumstances? Where is proper
 Bernhard> mips abi propagation down to e.g. uClibc, to name just one
 Bernhard> mips related thing that i remember offhand?

 Bernhard> Been there, done that, so i don't really buy your "Not true." ;)

Well, I can only repeat what I said before - I use buildroot for ppc
daily, and have used it on a mips platform (lafonera) something like 6
months ago.

Not to say there couldn't be bugs hiding somewhere, but it works for
me (tm).

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard