make install_utils puts things in /usr/usr

Bernhard Reutner-Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 23:24:45 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 05:14:06PM -0600, Rob Landley wrote:
>On Tuesday 09 December 2008 16:09:06 Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote:
>> >
>> >(Are you implying that the fact buildroot doesn't try this means it's not
>> >supported?)
>>
>> s/supported/implemented/; yes.
>
>Is there any more to "implementing" this than just removing "usr/" from the
>start of the install paths, ala the attached patch?

No, looks like the hunk below should do it. Please install if it is consistent
and you tested it.

>The one judgement call is that I left $(RUNTIME_PREFIX) on readelf, even
>though logically since that one didn't have a "usr/" prefix, it shouldn't use
>$(RUNTIME_PREFIX) either.  (But I dunno _why_ that one's not consistent, so I

On my host ldconfig lives as /sbin/ldconfig, so that one may need massage.

>We haven't got an install_hostutils.  I can try to whip something up...

Please do. IIRC it is about the same since for install_hostutils only the
PREFIX that is passed in from outside would be different (and the ".host"
suffix has to be stripped).