Auditing the menuconfig help entries.

Will Newton will.newton at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 10:52:49 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Bernhard Reutner-Fischer
<rep.dot.nop at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 12:39:44PM +0200, Ricard Wanderlof wrote:
>
>>> Yes, I use it and it works.
>>
>>Any idea what is wrong with the !old version, in that it seems not to be
>>recommended for use?
>
> IIRC the old is the fallback if you encounter problems in the !old.
> Since the !old is, by now, supposedly not too current either, somebody
> could look into updating the !old, i guess (but then, i'm not
> interrested in any of them).

Last time I looked the linuxthreads development had slowed to the
point that the diff to the HEAD is actually quite small. I have a
patch I made that looks like this:

 descr.h    |   11 +++++++++--
 specific.c |   10 ++++++----
 spinlock.c |   14 +++++++++++++-
 spinlock.h |    6 ++++--

That patch is no longer current and I can't guarantee it's correctness.