uArch

mike rosset mike.rosset at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 16:59:23 UTC 2008

I do use tinygentoo at times. however I've since ported arch linux to uclibc
. so to create a base system is as easy as

"for devel chroot"

sudo ./pacman.static -Sy base base-devel --config ./pacman.conf -r
./uarch_root

or for micro chroot

sudo ./pacman.static -Sy busybox --config ./pacman.conf -r ./uarch_root

I have full instructins here
uArch<http://code.google.com/p/uarch/wiki/GetStarted>. The
instructions are longer then they need to be since it convers none
arch systems "I plan to condense it down to one install script".

basically the difference is you do not require a chroot to create a chroot.

Arch uses bsd style init scripts if you need to add a service. you simple
add it to /etc/rc.conf

Mike