booting fails after "init free memory"

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Sat Sep 15 00:30:41 UTC 2007

On Friday 07 September 2007, kannappan at tesbv.com wrote:
> I am using buildroot / uclibc to make initrd image.

do not cross-post lists ... start debugging simple and once you narrow things
down, take it up with the respective list

i'd start with the buildroot list since it is general purpose

> uclibc version is 0.9.29 ,  binutils 2.17, gcc 4.1.2 and busybox
> version 1.6.1.
>
> buildroot and busybox is compiled with shared lib options.
>
> when i load the initrd image to the target (arm926ejs), i am getting
> the following message:
>
> RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0
> VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem)
> Freeing init memory: 72K

so build a static shell and have that executed via init= and then do some
debugging on the board to see if userland is generally hosed, or just static
libraries, or ...
-mike