ld-uClibc.so linking problem

Carmelo AMOROSO carmelo.amoroso at st.com
Wed Oct 10 16:11:33 UTC 2007

Rajib Saha wrote:

> I am not sure how ldd was build.

I'm not sure about my previous point on ldd.. I sometimes used a mixed
target environment with glibc and uclibc
installed.. so when I erroneously run ldd (from glibc ) on uClibc
libraries  I get the same errror as you....
likely you have a 'pure' uclibc target.. so ldd should be the the uclibc
one.

> Is there a way to check if it is glibc or uclibc binary? And how do i
> enable LDSO_LDD_SUPPORT ?

Firstly check your .config to see if it is set, then use make [menu]config
to enable it (it's under "General libraries setting" -> 'Native ldd
support')
This way the ldd will use the dynamic linker itself for printing
dependencies information,
and it has to work.
To check at runtime if you ld.so support ldd, export the environment
variable
export LDD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS=y
and run whatever dynamic linked application... you sholud see the same
output
as executing ldd....

Carmelo

P.S.
Please, write messages in plain text if possible. Thanks