FD-PIC patches for uClibc

Bernd Schmidt bernds_cb1 at t-online.de
Tue Nov 27 12:06:33 UTC 2007

Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
>>> The 02_underscores patch is really ugly.
>> Any suggestions how to improve it?
>
> remove _ syms from gcc would be best. Do you really need them?

Yes.  The assembly language isn't really parseable otherwise.

>>> Don't like the dl_find_hash_mod v.s dl_find_hash thingy.
>> What do you dislike, and how would you do it differently?
>
> Thes should only be one dl_find_hash used by all arch. NPTL
> has extended dl_find_hash to support NPTL and perhaps you
> can use that one?

The idea here was to provide the extended version under a new name, and
keep the old interface around so that we don't have to make changes in
all the ports.  If you prefer to have every occurrence of _dl_find_hash
changed, I guess I can do that, although it's more error-prone.

> You can use the same trick DL_RELOC_ADDR() uses:
> #ifndef DL_BOOT_COMPUTE_GOT
>  #define DL_BOOT_COMPUTE_GOT(got) got = elf_machine_dynamic()

Oh, that's what you mean, ok - no problem.

Bernd
--
This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers.
Analog Devices GmbH      Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 6      80807 Muenchen