uClibc Support for gettext funtionality??

Carmelo AMOROSO carmelo.amoroso at st.com
Wed Nov 21 07:47:07 UTC 2007

Vikas TM wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Please help me to find answers for following questions
>
> 1. What version of uClibc supports gettext functionality?

none
If you want to add this support into uCLibc will be appreciated.
Otherwise you may build gettext libraries against uClibc and then explicitly
link against libintl your applications requiring gettext functions.
> 2. Can I use mixture of both GLIBC and UCLIBC libraries in same
> environment? If so, should I need to do any special configuration
> setting?

yes, search the list, there is a my post where I suggested how to use
--dynamic-linker option
for this purpose. And I remember some other suggested a link to to an
wrapper/tools
aimed to do this, likely better ... but I forgot the details.

Cheers