Migration from glibc to uclibc

Carmelo AMOROSO carmelo.amoroso at st.com
Mon Nov 19 09:24:15 UTC 2007

Vikas TM wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Please provide me nessessary changes required to migrate from glibc to
> uclibc (Ex: Makefile changes (busybox, utils,...etc) & config file
> changes).
>
> Thanks in advance
> -
> regards
> Vikas TM

Once you have your uClibc built and you cross compiler proper configured
for uClibc,
nothing special to do... just use the correct cross-compilation
environment, usually
you need to set accordingly CC and LD env variables.

You may have some problems linking some applications is you same
functionalities
are not enabled and/or implemented within uClibc (i.e. gettext functions
if you app
is localized, but in this case you colud link against libintl, onece you
have built it for uClibc).

STLinux 2.3 distribution (www.stlinux.com) now provides a complete
distribution (almost 400 packages)
based on uClibc (nptl) for SH4. You may have a look to see the list of
packages released.

Regards,
Carmelo