Need help to compile Apllication binaries

Carmelo AMOROSO carmelo.amoroso at st.com
Wed Nov 7 15:41:52 UTC 2007

harsh poshtiwala wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I have flashed uclibc baes kernel and root file system on ARM926
> EJS based target.
>
> I didn't cross compile application binaries with uclibc_small
> cross compiler, but i had compiled it with arm-linux-gnueabi-
> glibc_small.
>

> When ever we try to execute the any APPLICATION binaries it gives
> error message file not found
>
> #pwd
> #tcuSw
>
> #./shu.out
> sh: /.shu.out: not found
>
> The same happens with all the application binaries.

I suspect it is failing to load the dynamic linker (yes, the message is
not self-explaining !)
Check you application  with readelf and look for the interpreter entry.
It has to be
/lib/ld-uClibc.so.0; then check into your file system if it is there.

> Now as a quick check i compiled a "hello world" program on host
> linux machine with arm-linux-uclibc_small cross compiler this
> doesn't print anything on target but it doesn't give error "not
> found"
>
> #./a.out
> #
>
> what are your comments on this?
>
> NOW I DECIDED TO COMPILE APPLICATIONS WITH UCLIBC_SMALL

I don't know it.. not able to help you.
> I tried to compile our all application binaries with ulibc_small
> cross compiler but it failed and looks like ulibc_small doesn't
> have shared memory support how can we add that in uclibc?
>
> [SNIP]
> obj_arm/tracelogger.o bin_arm/htp_arm.a -lm -lrt -lpthread
> obj_arm/cpuApi.o: In function `updateDynamicConfig':
> /cm_data/tcu/ap/common/src/cpuApi.c:147: undefined reference to
> `shm_open'
> obj_arm/cpuStaticFileParse.o: In function `initStaticConfig':
> /cm_data/tcu/ap/common/src/cpuStaticFileParse.c:236: undefined
> reference to `shm_open'
> /cm_data/tcu/ap/common/src/cpuStaticFileParse.c:262: undefined
> reference to `shm_unlink'
> /cm_data/tcu/ap/common/src/cpuStaticFileParse.c:263: undefined
> reference to `shm_open'
> obj_arm/cpuStaticFileParse.o: In function `cleanupStaticInfo':
> /cm_data/tcu/ap/common/src/cpuStaticFileParse.c:338: undefined
> reference to `shm_unlink'
> obj_arm/mr.o: In function `mrExit':
> /cm_data/tcu/ap/common/src/mr.c:96: undefined reference to
> `shm_unlink'
> obj_arm/mr.o: In function `shmAlloc':
> /cm_data/tcu/ap/common/src/mr.c:309: undefined reference to
> `shm_unlink'
> /cm_data/tcu/ap/common/src/mr.c:310: undefined reference to
> `shm_open'
> obj_arm/mr.o: In function `getMrShm':
> /cm_data/tcu/ap/common/src/mr.c:349: undefined reference to
> `shm_open'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [bin_arm/onmu.out] Error 1

shm_open/shm_unlink are not implemented into librt as reported into
docs/uCLibc_vs_SuSv3.txt

Regards,
Carmelo