Installing headers with 0.9.29 spawns gcc errors

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Sat May 19 06:44:17 UTC 2007

On Thursday 17 May 2007, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> On Thursday 17 May 2007 21:48, Paul Brook wrote:
> > > Unfortunately, Rules.mak does the following (only arm shown):
> > > CPU_LDFLAGS-$(ARCH_LITTLE_ENDIAN)+=-EL
> > > Shouldn't we add each of those {gcc,as,ld} options using
> > > call_{gcc,as,ld) ?
> >
> > No. We shouldn't be invoking the compiler in the first place.
> > We should either use the right compiler (with all the right options), or
> > don't use a compiler at all.
>
> What do you think of the attached patch?

is that the only place that is causing warnings for your headers install ?
it'll be hard to make that step conditional (assuming we want to in the first
place) ... we def dont want to go sending stderr to /dev/null as when there
is an error (like unable to locate asm/unistd.h), we want to see that ...
-mike