posix threading plans

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at transmode.se
Tue May 8 17:17:29 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 12:07 -0500, Steven J. Hill wrote:
> > For what it is worth, I prefer Carmelos changes to the _dl_find_hash()
> > function.
> >
> Agreed. Mine is a hack right now and I had not gotten around to using
> Carmelos'.

Possibly one could use a static inline wrapper function for the
non TLS case, that way you don't need to wrap the call sites
with #ifdef USE_TLS

> > I would like to see the common changes for NTPL integrated first.
> > Also, since this is THE feature for the next release, why not work in
> > trunk?
> >
> I'm assuming that nightly builds are still being done from trunk? If so,
> then I have no problem with this. Nightly builds using linuxthreads will
> need to be mandatory.

Dunno about the nightly builds, but working in trunk means that
error for non NPTL/TLS will be detected quicker even without the
nightly builds and you get some more eyes scanning the changes.

 Jocke