ld preload and threads

Harald Krammer Harald.Krammer at hkr.at
Fri May 4 08:21:03 UTC 2007

Hi!

I have a question about LD_PRELOAD. Is it possible to use pthread
functions for preloaded libs or exists any restriction for that?

Currently I got few strange problems when I use pthread functions in
preloaded libs.  (seg faults) At the moment I can't find the location
for it, because the stack seems invalid.
If I enable debugging support in uclibc then I get an additional
problems like process do exit when a thread finish.

The preload-lib-concept is working under glibc, but it isn't comparable,
because under glibc I am using a different thread model (NPTL) instead
of LinuxThreads. Under glibc I played also with LD_ASSUME_KERNEL but
without any effects - it is always working.

Version: 0.9.28.3
Buildroot-GCC 3.4.6 with softfloat
Linux ARM926-Core Kernel: 2.6.20
A 2 week old snapshot of current version (0.9.29) looks total similar.

Any hints are welcome.

Nice greetings,
Harald

--