What is XMALLOC and how it compares with malloc?

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Thu May 3 05:47:33 UTC 2007

On Thursday 03 May 2007, ehuang at ix.netcom.com wrote:
> I can not find anything to explain what is xmalloc with respect to uClibc
> other than a few cvs checks and diffs.

you're going to have to be a little bit more clear as to what you're referring
to when you say "xmalloc" ... there is no such thing in uClibc

xmalloc() is typically an application specific thing that wraps the call to
malloc() to make sure it succeeded so that the return checks dont need to be
duplicated everywhere else
-mike