Preferred method to correct a Debian-specific problem?

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Mon Mar 26 23:41:38 UTC 2007

On Monday 26 March 2007, Al Stone wrote:
> My initial thought was to create a new configuration variable
> (UCLIBC_DEBIAN_WORKAROUND?) that's off by default, with an #ifdef
> in sysdeps/linux/$ARCH/kernel_types.h around the duplicate --
> just removing the additional typedef doesn't seem like a good
> idea since it would likely break builds on non-Debian systems.

yikes !  we dont want to have any distro-specific stuff in uClibc in any of
the source files that go into the library ... especially not any transient
ones ...

> Is there a better/preferred way to handle such things?  In the
> meantime, Debian bug#415095 has also been filed with a patch that
> includes a fix for the problem, but I'd rather not depend on the
> Debian release schedules to be able to get uClibc working....

i guess you're building uClibc on ia64 and by using `gcc` rather than a
dedicated cross-compiler ... tbh, i think your best course of action is to
grab linux-2.6.20 and run `make headers_install` yourself and then point the
uClibc build system at that
-mike