svn access through http/s

Aurelien Jacobs aurel at gnuage.org
Thu Mar 8 21:08:19 UTC 2007

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 15:52:19 -0500
Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:

> On Wednesday 07 March 2007 5:30 pm, Carmelo Amoroso wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm currently using svn from my home using the svn protocol,
> > but to access behind my company corporate http-proxy I need
> > to use the http protocol.
> > Is it supported by uClibc svn server? I was able just for testing to
> > checout the svn.collab.net repository using the https protocol, while
> > trying with uClibc I get the following error:
> >
> > svn: PROPFIND of '/trunk/uClibc': 405 Method Not Allowed
> > (http://www.uclibc.org)
> >
> > Is there  different solution?
>
> If all you want is an anonymous checkout, I just did:
>
> wget http://darcs.arstecnica.it/tailor-0.9.27.tar.gz
> tar xvzf tailor-0.9.27.tar.gz
> cd tailor-0.9.27
> chmod +x tailor
> ./tailor --verbose --source-kind svn --target-kind hg --repository \
>   svn://uclibc.org --subdir sub --module /trunk/uClibc woot > uclibc.tailor
> [ edit uclibc.tailor to add "/sub" to root-directory ]
> ./tailor uclibc.tailor
> [ wait 6 hours ]
>
> Violala, a mercurial version of the repository, accessable via
> http://landley.net/hg/uclibc
>
> Need to figure out how to tell the repository browser skin "show more than one
> line of the description", since tailor inserts a first line with the svn
> commit number this hg commit was taken from.  Probably an hgrc tweak...

Another nice fix for this is to add the following options to the DEFAULT section
of your uclibc.tailor:

[DEFAULT]
remove-first-log-line = True
patch-name-format = %(firstlogline)s

(yes you will have to redo the whole conversion :-( )

> This may, or may not be useful.  Let's see if I can figure out how to keep
> this up to date so I don't have to do it again...

To keep it up to date, just rerun ./tailor uclibc.tailor from time to time
(idealy in a cron task). It will only grab the new svn revisions.

Aurel