svn access through http/s

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Mar 8 20:52:19 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 07 March 2007 5:30 pm, Carmelo Amoroso wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm currently using svn from my home using the svn protocol,
> but to access behind my company corporate http-proxy I need
> to use the http protocol.
> Is it supported by uClibc svn server? I was able just for testing to
> checout the svn.collab.net repository using the https protocol, while
> trying with uClibc I get the following error:
>
> svn: PROPFIND of '/trunk/uClibc': 405 Method Not Allowed
> (http://www.uclibc.org)
>
> Is there  different solution?

If all you want is an anonymous checkout, I just did:

wget http://darcs.arstecnica.it/tailor-0.9.27.tar.gz
tar xvzf tailor-0.9.27.tar.gz
cd tailor-0.9.27
chmod +x tailor
./tailor --verbose --source-kind svn --target-kind hg --repository \
  svn://uclibc.org --subdir sub --module /trunk/uClibc woot > uclibc.tailor
[ edit uclibc.tailor to add "/sub" to root-directory ]
./tailor uclibc.tailor
[ wait 6 hours ]

Violala, a mercurial version of the repository, accessable via
http://landley.net/hg/uclibc

Need to figure out how to tell the repository browser skin "show more than one
line of the description", since tailor inserts a first line with the svn
commit number this hg commit was taken from.  Probably an hgrc tweak...

This may, or may not be useful.  Let's see if I can figure out how to keep
this up to date so I don't have to do it again...

Rob
--
Vista: Windows Millenium Second Edition