compatibility of 0.9.28.x

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Mar 6 22:53:09 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 06 March 2007 2:42 pm, Rupert Mazzucco wrote:

> > > not so fast if you are using gcc 4.1.2.
> > > after i "dropped in" 0.9.28.3 my cc1 failed to resolve __divdi3.
> >
> > If the compiler you built uClibc with isn't the compiler you build
libgcc_s
> > with, you may have problems.  This has nothing to do with uClibc versions,
> > though, it's due to libgcc_s being a horrible idea in the first place
which

> Thanks for the warning.  Otherwise I might have been tempted to build a
4.1.2 compiler first.

In theory if you replace libgcc_s.so with the one in the new compiler, it
should work.  In practice, this assumes you trust gcc's backwards
compatability despite years of experience (although most if the problems have
been on the C++ which is inherently broken).  Yes, I am opinionated.  Doesn't
mean I'm wrong.

You can also configure the new gcc-4.1.2 with --disable-shared which should
make it at least not leak references to libraries that are inherently
problematic.

Rob
--
Vista: Windows Millenium Second Edition