compiling gcc on the DOC

Christian MICHON christian.michon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 11:49:41 UTC 2007

based on what you wrote earlier, this is a X11 native application,
using the gtk+ widget set (you did not mention if it is gtk-1 or
gtk-2, this is important...)

-> to move it to gtkfb, you'll need code modification. That means
    finding all x11 calls and change them into their equivalent for
    gtkfb!

-> to compile it as it is, you'll need all dependencies:
   - xorg or xfree
   - xlibs-dev
   - gtk-1 or gtk-2 (note gtk-2 is big btw)

I would go for the second solution. If you wanted the framebuffer
in the first place because it's the first graphical mode that came
to your mind, then kdrive or xorg/xfree in fbdev driver mode are
your best friends.

The nice thing about kdrive/Xfbdev is that all mouse configuration
is taken care for. In gtkfb which I never used, this may not be
so easy (I recall compiling qemu with SDL/fb once, and the
mouse handling was a big problem)

good luck!

--
Christian