buildroot doesn't build

Alex Shnitman AlexS at mangodsp.com
Sun Jul 29 11:38:28 UTC 2007

Hi,

Thanks. I took the latest release today and it builds fine. Now I have a
different problem. When I try to run the generated busybox as a chrooted
shell on the target (i.e. mount the filesystem as a loopback device,
enter the mount point and type "chroot . /bin/sh") I get an error
"Illegal instruction". I'm working on TI's DaVinci which includes an
ARM926 core. I tried building for arm926t and generic_arm, and tried
both OABI and EABI -- always the same problem.

I have to say that when I configure buildroot to use TI's toolchain
instead of its own, and then use the glibc that came with it, the same
thing works fine. Of course it takes lots of space due to glibc.

Any ideas why I might be getting an illegal instruction with uClibc?

Please tell me if you need any other info that might be relevant to the
problem.

Thanks!
--Alex