Debugging?

Joshua ChaitinPollak jpollak at kivasystems.com
Wed Jul 25 23:30:29 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'm using uclibc in a project and I'm having trouble with sockets.
Specifically, If I have my application detach (using pthread_detach),
my server listening on a unix socket seems to only handle one
connection. Once that connection is terminated, it seems to go into a
deadlock and client applications lock up as well.

I assume this is a problem with uclibc because my application works
fine in my desktop environment using libc.

What I'm really asking is, are there any known issues with unix
sockets and uclibc, and is there a way to compile uclibc to output
debugging information so I can start debugging this? As it is, all I
can tell is my application hangs.

The uclibc changelog doesn't seem to have been updated in a long
time. Is it possible to see a round up of what new features are in
new versions, and what bugs have been fixed?

I'm using 0.9.28, and I'm trying to decide if I want to upgrade to
0.9.28.3 or 0.9.29

Thanks,

Josh

--