uClibc++ associative_base performance

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Jul 5 19:30:36 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 04 July 2007 03:18:58 Asier Llano Palacios wrote:
> Licensing
> =========
> The only thing I don't like about uClibc++ is its LGPL license, its
> quite restrictive to me.

Are you aware that glibc is LGPL?  So is uClibc.  This means that every binary
you've ever written for Linux has probably been linked against an LGPL
library.

Also, it's considered deeply rude to criticize the license a project is under.
The people who write the code (and give it to you for free) get to pick the
license.  You can criticize the quality of the code (especially if you're
providing patches to fix it) but if you don't like the license it's under you
go use a different project.

Wow, it's not often you see someone wet themselves in public that bad.

Also, I don't think you've got garrett's email right, lemme ping him on IRC
and see if he noticed this email...

Rob
  - Ken Thompson.