buildroot fails for ARM w/ gcc 4.1 and soft float

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Jul 2 17:46:25 UTC 2007

On Monday 02 July 2007 11:59:56 Jeff Warren wrote:
> > B) My Firmware Linux thing builds a working arm soft float toolchain if
> > you pick the "armv4l" target, http://landley.net/code/firmware
>
> I am using "armv4t" for the arm920t.  Since I am building for the
> at91rm9200 that is the only option I can use.

No, armv4 soft float should run on anything newer.  t is "thumb" support,
which is another add-on instruction set (the way j is java).  If the system
you're booting on it doesn't use thumb instructions, then it doesn't matter
whether or not the processor supports them.

But if your current thing's working for you, good luck with it.

Rob
  - Ken Thompson.