segfaults on armv4

Raphael Mack rmack at student.ethz.ch
Sat Jan 6 22:50:24 UTC 2007

Hello,

I built a toolchain and a rootfs (with busybox) for my arm board (cpu:
Hynix H7202, ARM720T core) using buildroot with different versions of
uClibc, busybux and gcc. But when I boot the system, sometimes the
kernel just stops with "no init found", and sometimes it starts up, but
then the applications randomly crash on their startup. It seems, that
they crash on a system call. When I run something in strace it does not
crash when the program is started (seems as only strace itself would
crash, but not the traced application).

When I use my old toolchain I made ages ago with crosstool which uses
glibc it works, therfore I don't believe in hardware problems.

All this happens, if I compile the kernel with the toolchain from
buildroot or the other one.

I'm grateful for any hint how I can solve or debug the problem further -
I'm at my wits' end here.

Thanks,
Rapha