UTF-8 runtime environment

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Wed Feb 28 21:03:58 UTC 2007

On Wed Feb 28, 2007 at 07:26:24PM +0800, Rogelio Serrano wrote:
> anybody tried with libubtf8 yet? I tried building it last night but it
> failed i will try fixing it tonight. dont know how much work is needed
> to make an entire distro use it though.

I've not used/tried/heard of libubtf8.  I have however used
libintl along with uClibc, built with wide-char support, and been
able to do all sorts of u18n stuff with it, such as running gtk
apps on top of X, and I've confirmed that I could set the
keyboard mapping and enter properly rendered german, hebrew, etc
etc.  This is not as space efficient a solution as I would like
to have, but it does in fact work as expected.