__GLIBC__ #define

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Mon Feb 19 04:06:24 UTC 2007

On Sunday 18 February 2007, NightStrike wrote:
> I downloaded the i386 root environment
> (http://www.uclibc.org/downloads/root_fs_i386.ext2.bz2), and in
> features.h, __GLIBC__ is set to 2.  This causes issues when compiling
> g95 (g95.sourceforge.net), as they have things like the following:
>
> #ifdef __GLIBC__
> #  include <mcheck.h>
> #endif
>
> #ifdef __GLIBC__
>   mcheck();
> #endif
>
> This doesn't work.  Any suggestions?

edit the source locally so it compiles

this is a catch-22 ... we've deemed that too many projects rely on __GLIBC__
to be defined in order to function properly in a linux host ... they assume
that linux == glibc which screws us over

might be useful to do another audit and figure out what core projects do this
still
-mike