Will 'Bi-endian uClibc toolchain' be possible?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Aug 22 21:30:46 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 22 August 2007 7:20:03 am Pradeep Sanchana wrote:
> Hi Rob,
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> > Gcc has enough trouble keep track of _one_ set of libraries to link
>
> stuff
>
> > against, I really don't want to tax the little brain of its path logic
>
> trying
>
> > to get it to keep track of two of anything.
>
> As suggested I have successfully built the uClibc libraries twice.
> (i.e., for little
> Endian and for big Endian) prior to that I have successfully modified
> the path
> for the linker. (i.e., when you specify big Endian as target it will
> look
> for big endian library files, and similarly for little Endian.).
> After this while I am building Final gcc, I am getting the error in
> uClibc header files.
> Error is as follows:
> --
> In file included from
> /home/shlinux/src/gcc-4.2.0/libmudflap/mf-hooks1.c:58:
> /home/shlinux/build/run//sh4-linux/include/unistd.h:243: error: two or
> more data types in declaration specifiers

Did you look at sh4-linux/include/unistd.h line 243 to see what it was
complaining about?

> make[4]: *** [mf-hooks1.lo] Error 1
> --
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Pradeep Sanchana

My bash scripts containing the black magic to make all this work for arm,
mips, x86, x86-64, and several other platforms in various stages of
completion are available at:

http://landley.net/code/firmware

As you can see from that, I use a gcc wrapper to override all of gcc's path
logic (because it's insane).  I haven't debugged the c++ bits yet because I
don't use it, but I should get around to that eventually.

Rob
  - Ken Thompson.