Time for 0.9.29-pre1.

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Apr 13 20:39:56 UTC 2007

On Friday April 13 2007 13:43, Robert Connolly wrote:
> I also put the erandom stuff back in, _dl_sysctl, and an arc4random.c
> update (including better copyright). I just gave up on 0.9.29-pre1 a few
> minutes ago, so I should have a gcc3/4 friendly (no warnings, dual runtime
> compatible) 0.9.28.3-ssp_erandom_arc4random patch this weekend.
>
> Are you guys cool with a "result = arc4random();" "if result != -1 {return
> result;}" option for tempname.c?

I've attached the should_work_but_doesn't/request_for_feedback patch.
__sysctl_args needs initializers to make gcc happy.

and the Changelog:

* extra/Configs/Config.in

    Moved UCLIBC_BUILD_RELRO, UCLIBC_BUILD_NOW, UCLIBC_BUILD_NOEXECSTACK,
	up in the Security menu list, so the SSP menu is easier to read
	and follow.

    s/smashing stack protector/Stack Smashing Protector/
    s/propolice/ssp/
    s/SSP_COMPAT/SSP_LEGACY/
    s/PROPOLICE_BLOCK_SEGV/SSP_BLOCK_SEGV/

    Various description modifications in the Security menu.

    Added SSP_STATIC_CANARY for low security environments.

    Added UCLIBC_USES_ERND and UCLIBC_USES_SYSCTL_ERND for
	/dev/erandom and sysctl erandom

* ldso/include/dl-syscall.h

    Added UCLIBC_USES_SYSCTL_ERND for _dl__sysctl.

* libc/misc/internals/__uClibc_main.c

    s/SSP_COMPAT/SSP_LEGACY/

* libc/misc/internals/tempname.c

    Implement UCLIBC_USES_ERND and UCLIBC_HAS_ARC4RANDOM.

* libc/sysdeps/linux/common/dl-osinfo.h

    Shorten the 'ifdef __SSP__' error message.
    Implement SSP_STATIC_CANARY.
    Shuffle stuff around, redo indenting, etc.

    s/SSP_COMPAT/SSP_LEGACY/

    Implement UCLIBC_USES_ERND and UCLIBC_USES_SYSCTL_ERND.

    Inadvertently fixed the gcc-4.1 segmentation faults
	with -fstack-protector[-all].

    GCC34 and GCC41 happy with -Wall -Wformat=2 -Wextra -Wshadow.

* libc/sysdeps/linux/common/ssp.c

    Shorten the 'ifdef __SSP__' error message.
    Implement SSP_STATIC_CANARY.
    Shuffle stuff around, redo indenting, etc.

    s/SSP_COMPAT/SSP_LEGACY/
    s/PROPOLICE_BLOCK_SEGV/SSP_BLOCK_SEGV/

    Alias __stack_smash_handler to __stack_chk_fail.

    GCC34 and GCC41 happy with -Wall -Wformat=2 -Wextra -Wshadow.

* libc/stdlib/arc4random.c

    Modifications from upstream, based on OpenBSD arc4random.c
	CVS version 1.16 2007/02/12. Modified how the beginning
	of the stream is discarded, and removed unneeded prototypes.
	Added __arc4_getbyte, commented out, for future use.
	New copyright, with authors blessing, which is slightly
	more liberal and clear, and added a disclaimer.

    Implement UCLIBC_USES_ERND and UCLIBC_USES_SYSCTL_ERND.

    Wrap hidden proto's in IS_IN_libc.

    GCC34 and GCC41 happy with -Wall -Wformat=2 -Wextra -Wshadow.

* libc/sysdeps/linux/common/sysctl.c

	Added hidden proto defintion for UCLIBC_USES_SYSCTL_ERND.

robert