Networking apps not working

Ashok Shankar Das ashok.s.das at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 17:44:24 UTC 2006

Hi,
I am new to uclibc. I downloaded the buildroot,uclibc, then made a
rootfilesystem, installed it on a PC. It boots fine even Xorg 6.8.2
with gtk2.0 is installed.
My problem is I am unable to use any networking applications. as an
example ping, mtr etc.
Even if they are compiled properly under the uclibc toolchain they
don't work as desired.
If i give "ping 192.168.0.20" it works but if i give "ping
www.google.com" it never works.
It throws a error message "Un-reachable network"
Where is the "/etc/resolve.conf" shows the proper DNS server ip address.

The llinks which is compiled ok also gives error "Un-reachable network"

Where i am going wrong?

PLease help me.

--
Thanks