uClibc buildlog for 20060919 snapshot (svn r16143)

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Thu Sep 21 01:08:42 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 03:59, Peter Kjellerstedt wrote:
> >    cris |    cris | Compile | FAIL!
>
> Ok, this is weird.  I find the following message in the log:
>
> libc/sysdeps/linux/cris/sysdep.S: Assembler messages:
> libc/sysdeps/linux/cris/sysdep.S:29: Error: symbol `errno' is already
> defined
>
> But I cannot see how that can happen.  I manually traced all
> includes from sysdep.S and none of them leads to a file which
> even references errno...

the C_SYMBOL_NAME(errno) is expanding to just 'errno' ... the .s looks like:
 .globl errno
 .type errno, at object
 .lcomm errno,4

 .weak errno
 errno = _errno

and we can quickly see where the trouble is :)

> And moreover it does not occur when
> I build the latest source here.

i just updated most of my toolchains to binutils-2.17 and gcc-4.1.1 from
gcc-3.4.[56] ... also, i'm still using vanilla gcc rather than the "cris
gcc" ... but here it shouldnt matter

> The log is a little terse, so it is hard to see what has actually
> happened.  And I am somewhat confused about the fact that it
> seems like libc is built _after_ libpthread...

it's built in parallel, so order is arbitrary of subobjects so long as the
final shared libs get linked in order
-mike