readahead with LFS

Miguel Angel Alvarez ma.alvarez at ziv.es
Mon Sep 11 09:58:32 UTC 2006

Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Fri Sep 08, 2006 at 02:29:06PM +0200, Miguel Angel Alvarez wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I am experiencing problems compiling readahead.c when I disable the
>> support for Large File Systems.
>>
>> I think that the code should add this code only in this case.
>>

> uClibc version?  Arch?  kernel header version?  gcc version?
> Also, could you paste in the exact error you are seeing?

uClibc version: 20060906 snapshot.
Arch: m68k.
kernel header version: 2.6.10
gcc version: 4.1.1 (also with the latest snapshot obtained with svn).

Last compilation messages:

+ ln -fs
/home/mac/branch_uSEL/trunk/output/board-3tn0339-uclibc/toolchain/linux
//include/asm-m68k include/asm
+ set +x
  CC ldso/libdl/libdl.oS
  STRIP -x -R .note -R .comment ldso/libdl/libdl_so.a
  AR cr ldso/libdl/libdl_so.a

Current kernel version is 2.6.10

Using kernel headers from 2.6.10 for architecture 'm68k'
        provided in directory
/home/mac/branch_uSEL/trunk/output/board-3tn0339-u clibc/toolchain/linux/

The symlink
/home/mac/branch_uSEL/trunk/output/board-3tn0339-uclibc/toolchain/li
nux//include/asm is missing\!
Perhaps you forgot to configure your kernel source?
You really should configure your kernel source tree so I
do not have to try and guess about this sort of thing.

Attempting to guess a usable value....

+ ln -fs
/home/mac/branch_uSEL/trunk/output/board-3tn0339-uclibc/toolchain/linux
//include/asm-m68k include/asm
+ set +x
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/m68k/brk.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/m68k/__syscall_error.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/m68k/syscall.os
  AS libc/sysdeps/linux/m68k/__longjmp.os
  AS libc/sysdeps/linux/m68k/bsd-_setjmp.os
  AS libc/sysdeps/linux/m68k/bsd-setjmp.os
  AS libc/sysdeps/linux/m68k/clone.os
  AS libc/sysdeps/linux/m68k/setjmp.os
  AS libc/sysdeps/linux/m68k/vfork.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/__rt_sigtimedwait.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/__socketcall.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/__syscall_fcntl.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/__syscall_ipc.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/__syscall_rt_sigaction.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/__syscall_sigaction.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/_exit.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/access.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/acct.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/adjtimex.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/alarm.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/arch_prctl.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/bdflush.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/capget.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/capset.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/chdir.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/chmod.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/chown.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/chroot.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/clock_getres.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/clock_gettime.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/clock_settime.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/close.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/cmsg_nxthdr.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/create_module.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/delete_module.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/dup.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/dup2.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/epoll.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/execve.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/fchdir.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/fchmod.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/fchown.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/fdatasync.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/flock.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/fork.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/fstat.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/fstatfs.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/fsync.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/ftruncate.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/get_kernel_syms.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/getcwd.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/getdents.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/getdirname.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/getdnnm.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/getdtablesize.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/getegid.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/geteuid.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/getgid.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/getgroups.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/gethstnm.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/getitimer.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/getpagesize.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/getpgid.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/getpgrp.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/getpid.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/getppid.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/getpriority.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/getresgid.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/getresuid.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/getrlimit.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/getrusage.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/getsid.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/gettimeofday.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/getuid.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/init_module.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/inotify.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/ioctl.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/ioperm.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/iopl.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/kill.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/klogctl.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/lchown.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/link.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/longjmp.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/lseek.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/lstat.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/madvise.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/mincore.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/mkdir.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/mkfifo.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/mknod.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/mlock.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/mlockall.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/mmap.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/modify_ldt.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/mount.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/mprotect.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/mremap.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/msync.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/munlock.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/munlockall.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/munmap.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/nanosleep.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/nice.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/noophooks.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/ntp_gettime.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/open.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/pause.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/personality.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/pipe.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/pivot_root.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/poll.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/posix_fadvise.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/prctl.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/pread_write.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/pselect.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/ptrace.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/query_module.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/quotactl.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/read.os
  CC libc/sysdeps/linux/common/readahead.os
libc/sysdeps/linux/common/readahead.c:45: error: expected declaration
specifiers  or '...' before 'off64_t'
libc/sysdeps/linux/common/readahead.c:46: error: conflicting types for
'readahea d'
./include/bits/fcntl.h:203: error: previous declaration of 'readahead'
was here
libc/sysdeps/linux/common/readahead.c: In function 'readahead':
libc/sysdeps/linux/common/readahead.c:47: error: 'offset' undeclared
(first use in this function)
libc/sysdeps/linux/common/readahead.c:47: error: (Each undeclared
identifier is reported only once
libc/sysdeps/linux/common/readahead.c:47: error: for each function it
appears in .)
make[2]: *** [libc/sysdeps/linux/common/readahead.os] Error 1
make[1]: *** [lib/libc.so.0] Error 2
make[1]: se sale del directorio
`/home/mac/branch_uSEL/trunk/output/board-3tn033 9-uclibc/toolchain/uClibc'
make: ***
[/home/mac/branch_uSEL/trunk/output/board-3tn0339-uclibc/toolchain/uCl
ibc/.compiled] Error 2

>> This message, along with any attachments, may be confidential
>>

> It isn't confidential when posted to a public mailing list with a
> publicly visible mailing list archive....
>
>  -Erik
>
> --
> Erik B. Andersen             http://codepoet-consulting.com/
> --This message was written using 73% post-consumer electrons--

I know that... The question is that this message is automatically added
to my mails. (I am trying to disable it, but I am not able).

Thanks

Miguel Angel

----------------------------------------- PLEASE NOTE -------------------------------------------
This message, along with any attachments, may be confidential or legally privileged.
It is intended only for the named person(s), who is/are the only authorized recipients.
If this message has reached you in error, kindly destroy it without review and notify the sender immediately.
Thank you for your help.
µSysCom uses virus scanning software but excludes any liability for viruses contained in any attachment.

Este mensaje y sus anexos pueden contener información confidencial y/o con derecho legal.
Está dirigido únicamente a la/s persona/s o entidad/es reseñadas como único destinatario autorizado.
Si este mensaje le hubiera llegado por error, por favor elimínelo sin revisarlo ni reenviarlo y notifíquelo inmediatamente al remitente. Gracias por su colaboración.
µSysCom utiliza software antivirus, pero no se hace responsable de los virus contenidos en los ficheros anexos.