uClibc Blackfin patches 1/N

Bernd Schmidt bernds_cb1 at t-online.de
Tue Sep 5 21:49:38 UTC 2006

I'm working towards making the current svn head uClibc usable for the
Blackfin.  This is going to require a number of ldso patches.  I've
first updated our local version so that I have a working up-to-date
version of ld.so with FD-PIC patches, and I'll submit those patches in
small pieces.  All the initial hard work of implementing this stuff was
of course done by Alex Oliva.

This first patch introduces a new macro, DL_CALL_FUNC_AT_ADDR, which is
used instead of making calls through function pointers.

Other parts of this patch:
  - a few errors in the DL_RELOC_ADDR conversion are fixed
  - a few minor formatting fixes
  - in dl-startup.c, there's a bug introduced in revision 10060 when
code was added to adjust things like tpnt->dynamic_info[DT_JMPREL] by
the load address early - we now add the load address twice when
computing rpnt.  Apparently, as the comment in that function states, the
loop is indeed a no-op on most architectures, but it isn't on the Blackfin.

Bernd