uClibc buildlog for 20060904 snapshot (svn r16046)

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Tue Sep 5 18:15:44 UTC 2006

On Mon Sep 04, 2006 at 02:47:02PM +0200, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> I think you must update the linux kernel header to 2.6.17.
> splice is a new system call that is only present in later
> kernels.

Looks like Linus merged the 'make header_install' patch from
dwmw2 into his tree about 2 months ago, which means that starting
with 2.6.18, we should be able to use that to FINALLY generate
proper functional kernel headers without needing to do all the
painful rework and cleanup that used to be required.  It would be
interesting to test that theory using the latest 2.6.18 rc.