How goes 0.9.29?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Sep 5 18:12:30 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 1:49 pm, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Sat Sep 02, 2006 at 05:16:30PM -0400, Rob Landley wrote:
> > So, according to the #uclibc chat thingy a couple days ago,
> > Erik and Manuel were putting their heads together to triage svn
> > for a possible 0.9.29 release before merging the NPTL branch.
> >
> > Any word on how that went?
>
> Fine.  Looks as if mjn3 has gotten permission from his employer
> to release some code developed in house and not yet released,
> which is very good news.  We've worked out a bit of a plan for
> moving forward.

Woot.

> .29 will be large as-is, plus some pending cleanups,
> 	merging some pending patches, and some code
> 	from mjn3, some pending namespace cleanups, etc.

I'll try to scrape up some testing resources 'round here.  Lemme know when
you've got an -rc and I'll see who I can get to bang on it.

> I spent the weekend playing with my kids and doing nothing at all
> even resembling computing

Congratulations. :)

> We are hoping to have
> the 0.9.29 release ready within 2 weeks.

I need to get moving on the changelog again.  (Quick check: 2047 changesets to
summarize.  Eeek!)

> I'll be updating the
> uClibc TODO list tonight to reflect the updated release plans.
>
> And as usual, my actual job doing forensics stuff (the one that
> puts food on my table and only peripherally involves embedded
> linux) tends to take precedence when time is short...

I know the feeling.  I've had a rush job at Timesys for the past couple weeks.
Just got the first drop done today, but only by trimming features I have to

Thanks,

Rob