uClibc++ design change

Garrett Kajmowicz gkajmowi at tbaytel.net
Thu Oct 12 00:21:41 UTC 2006

This is a quick note to level maintainers know of some changes which are going
on for uClibc++.

I'm converting the Makefile convention of calling gcc to find libgcc_eh and
libsupc++ to call scripts in the /scripts directory.  These are passed the
g++ executable to use as $(CXX) and are expected to return the full path and
file name to the file in question to use.

The goal of this is to make it easier for distro maintainers and embedded
users to replace the binary blobs which are  being imported by changing a
known script with semi-standard behavior instead of trying to sed a Makefile
which might change with each revision.  It should also make cross-compiling
somewhat easier.

Please send me any comments which you may have on this matter.

-     Garrett