_dl_app_init_array and _dl_app_fini_array problems

Kevin Day thekevinday at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 18:49:43 UTC 2006

And behold..I manage to do it again. I forgot to change the reply-to
address. My apologies Mike.

On 10/6/06, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Friday 06 October 2006 09:39, Kevin Day wrote:
> > Here's the thing, gcc-4.1.1 does not supply a specfile for me.  This
> > stuff seems to be hardcoded now.
>
> not really ... gcc has always had a default specs file built into it ... older
> ones would automatically write it out to disk when installing by executing
> itself ... except that this didnt work properly in the cross-compiling
> scenario as you cant execute the gcc you just compiled and the local
> cross-compiler has slightly different specs
>
> since the built in one and the default one written to disk were the exact
> same, the logical step was to simply stop installing it ... you are of course
> free to install your own specs
> -mike

regardless, gcc 4.1.1 is causing the problem.
I just switched to gcc 3.4.6.  No other changes to the system and the
toolchain works properly.
So gcc-4.1.1 is somehow breaking the ld.

(Given all that has been discussed here, I am wondering how the
uClibc-0.9.28 host system has the ld linked as dynamic...The host
system was built using gcc-4.1.1 so perhaps this is yet another form
of the same problem.)

--
Kevin Day