_dl_app_init_array and _dl_app_fini_array problems

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Mon Oct 2 21:25:35 UTC 2006

On Mon Oct 02, 2006 at 04:11:09PM -0500, Kevin Day wrote:
> > > btw, the word "file", I left out the word ELF. ( I had meant to say
> > > that it was not an ELF file)
> >
> > so ?  it's a linker script which is perfectly valid when it comes to linking
> Well, the linker is ignoring this script and grabbing the host
> libc.so.  Which is my problem with it.

Unhuh.  And how exactly did you come up with the toolchain
you are using that is so badly misbehaving itself?

[-------snip-----------]
> This works in 0.9.28.
> But not in svn for me.
> When I install uClibc, and then remove the "libc.so script" and
> replace with a symlink, it then works just as it did in 0.9.28.
> (/tools/libc.so -> /tools/libc.so.0)
>
> But I this still leaves me with the _dl_app_init_array and
> _dl_app_fini_array problems  that are not getting linked at any point
> to the libc.so, thus all apps linking to the libc.so will break when
> trying to link due to unitiliazed data: _dl_app_init_array and
> _dl_app_fini_array problems.

I strongly suspect you are in fact either mixing binaries
compiled with uClibc 0.9.28 with svn trunk, or using the older
uClibc 0.9.28 ldso (or glibc's ldso) with binaries compiled with
svn trunk....  Try using 'readelf -d' to check.