problem with atof / sscanf / strtof and float's range

Mathias.Krause at de.telex.com Mathias.Krause at de.telex.com
Thu Nov 30 07:42:59 UTC 2006

> > Hi Developpers,
> >
> > I have a problem using the functions sscanf, atof and strtof of uClibc
> > convert a string to a float value.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > so my question is: is it possible for me to detect the range overflow
of
> > my float? With standard libc sscanf would return 0 to indicate the
error.

> As far as I know this is simply a bug in uClibc. It puts arbitrary
> limits on the size of the float strings it will read IIRC.

Sorry, but I have to ask again:
Can you tell me what is the right thing to do now?

Is there a newer version than the one included with my ucLinux-dist
(uClibc 0.9.27) where this bug is solved?
I think there is 0.9.28! How can i find out if the bug is fixed?
Or is there a workaround for the problem?

Thanks for your help!