What's the difference between .os and .oS?

Khem Raj kraj at mvista.com
Tue Nov 21 16:50:06 UTC 2006

Will Newton said the following on 11/21/2006 5:56 AM:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone could clarify for me what the difference
> between .os and .oS files is in the build?
>
> I'm building libpthread/linuxthreads and it appears pthread.c is built
> without -DSHARED (it's an .os) but libc_pthread_init.c is built with
> -DSHARED (it's an .oS)
thats the difference between .oS and .os if you want uclibc to support
shared libs then it will generate .oS objects compiled with -DSHARED
> and the mismatch is problematic.

I am using linuxthreads.old and I configure uclibc for both PIC and
SHARED. I am seeing both objects (os and oS) for both these files.
have you set HAVE_SHARED=y in your .config file.
> Thanks,

Khem Raj <kraj at mvista.com>
MontaVista Software Inc.