Ping! malloc bug, and PIC and flat shared library support for m68k

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Fri Nov 17 06:08:35 UTC 2006

On Friday 03 November 2006 04:14, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> +         When using flat shared libraries, every library has a unique
> +         system-wide identifier.  Identifier 0 is reserved for
> +         executables and true shared libraries have identifiers
> +         starting at 1.  The maximum shared library identifier is
> +         determined by the kernel and is usually 3.  Shared library
> +         N must be available on the target system as "/lib/libN.so".

i thought the default setup was:
ID 1 -> libc.so
ID 2 -> libpthread.so
max id -> 255

> +/* If __HAVE_SHARED_FLAT__, all array initialisation and finalisation
> +   is handled by the routines passed to __uClibc_main().  */

without really looking into the issue myself (i try to stick with ELF where
possible), i guess there is no sane way of having shared flat just use
existing init/fini arrays

only other note i have is style ... we try to use linux kernel style rather
than GNU style ... but dont worry, i'll take care of that rather than
rejecting your patch ;)
-mike