Thumb patches

Paul Brook paul at codesourcery.com
Thu Nov 16 23:29:02 UTC 2006

On Thursday 16 November 2006 20:45, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Thursday 16 November 2006 15:17, Khem Raj wrote:
> > The newer binutils do not generate special STT_ARM_TFUNC symbols instead
> > it encode LSB as 1 to denote Thumb symbols and thats what this code was
> > doing. So I think the patch to ldso/ldso/dl-hash.c can be avoided
> > completely.
> > We can safely ask newer binutils to be used for thumb to work.

Wrong. This is NOT an old/new binutils issue, it's an ABI issue.
EABI toolchains set the low bit. Legacy ABI uses STT_ARM_TFUNC.
For an EABI system you need new *everything*.

> lets please go this route :)

I only care about EABI, so I've no personal objections to this.
However I suggest making it a hard error to mix Thumb and old-ABI.

Paul