Thumb patches

Khem Raj kraj at mvista.com
Thu Nov 16 20:17:45 UTC 2006

Joakim Tjernlund said the following on 11/16/2006 11:09 AM:

>> arm-linux-gnueabi.

>>> My guess would be r16527.
>>>

>> Indeed it is. and specifically the change made to
>> ldso/ldso/dl-hash.c is
>> causing the segfault. It works fine with binutils 2.16.
>>
>>>  Jocke
>>>

> How about commenting on issues 1) and 2)?

Joakim

The newer binutils do not generate special STT_ARM_TFUNC symbols instead
it encode LSB as 1 to denote Thumb symbols and thats what this code was
doing. So I think the patch to ldso/ldso/dl-hash.c can be avoided
completely.
We can safely ask newer binutils to be used for thumb to work.

--
Khem Raj
MontaVista Software Inc.
kraj at mvista.com