HAVE_SHARED option and pthreads

Rick Garcia rick at liveoaklogic.com
Wed Nov 15 19:18:29 UTC 2006

	I'm attempting to build a few small test apps statically - the
HAVE_SHARED option is undefined in the config; uClibc builds without
error, but when I attempt to build apps, I get errors about undefined
references to __pthread_mutex_lock and __pthread_mutex_unlock.  This can
probably be fixed by having

#ifndef HAVE_SHARED
#define pthread_mutex_lock()
#else
...ect.
...in the appropriate place in the offending file(s).  Is the mutex lock
necessary without shared libraries, or would this cause some other
problems elsewhere?
	Is there any strict requirement that pthread requires a shared library?

--
  - Rick Garcia
  Live Oak Logic