uClibc buildlog for 20061101 snapshot (svn r16482)

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Nov 2 21:40:58 UTC 2006

On Thursday 02 November 2006 3:52 pm, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Thu Nov 02, 2006 at 03:29:45PM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > also, the reason for these new failures is i upgraded all of my kernel
headers
> > to 2.6.18 using the new install_headers method ... so it'll probably point
> > out bugs in both uClibc (expecting more than it should from the kernel)
and
> > the kernel (not cleanly exporting userspace headers)
> > -mike
>

> Excellent.  We definately want to be using the 2.6.18+ kernel
> headers.  So tracking failures of this sort are a very good
> thing, since they will point us toward needed cleanup work.

Actually you don't want to use them before 2.6.19-rc1.  (For one thing it
didn't include unifdef, that was an environment dependency and now it's
included in the kernel build.)

And rc-3 fixed a few more things.  (I've been playing with this on and off
since David Woodhouse first announced it...)

Rob
--
"Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery