svn commit: trunk/uClibc

Peter Kjellerstedt peter.kjellerstedt at axis.com
Tue May 30 12:11:46 UTC 2006

Might be, but using something which you know is broken for
a lot of people and which will yield a fubared installation
without an error message or similar is not very user friendly...

> > 	cd lib && $(TAR) -cf - *.so.* | $(TAR) -xf - -C
> > $(PREFIX)$(RUNTIME_PREFIX)lib
>
> use '-C lib' rather than 'cd lib' and see if you can use tar
> to install all libs rather than using `install` and `tar` and
> that'll work for me

I cannot use -C with the first tar since we use the shell's
globbing to find out which files to copy (that was my initial
try).  And I cannot use tar to copy the *.so files since these
have the executable flag set in the build directory, but should
not have it in the installed directory.  To allow for tar to
install all files we would need to change the build process so
that the files do not have the executable flag set in the build
directory; something I am not prepared to do atm.

> -mike

//Peter